Tabs

 photo 225pxtab_zps3ab577af.png photo hometab_zpsc4ac9db1.png photo MMtab_zps84d1465f.png photo sisterselktab_zps4aeded4a.png photo ibelievetab_zps8c2c9788.png photo abouttab_zps2ebe1350.png photo 225pxtab_zps3ab577af.png

Tuesday 14 October 2014

times like this

I opened package #2 at the end of a long day. More than anything I was hoping that the letter would feel like the warm hug I was so badly craving. But what was inside touched me much more than a hug ever could. The letter addressed "open when you need to know how much I love you" was simple and sweet. That alone was enough to make my heart content. But when I opened the box that went along with that precious letter, I lost it. Inside was the most beautiful watch. Honestly, if I could make a custom watch for myself, it would look exactly like the one I saw inside that box. He knows me unbelievably perfectly.
When Mason came up to Canada in the summer, we were scrolling through my pinterest boards (a typical activity). I had a Nixon watch pinned to my board, and I specifically remember Mason asking what I had pinned that for. I said simply that it was because I liked it. He then asked me why I didn't ever wear watches, and I said it was because I had a hard time finding watches that didn't look huge on my little wrists. He got the hugest grin on his face and just nodded nonchalantly. At that point I was totally confused at his response, but now I know exactly what that was about. He had ordered me the watch I'm wearing on my wrist right now (not the one on my pinterest board, but an even more perfect watch), and was thinking "Oh I did good!" haha. And yes, yes he did.
It's times like this that I don't understand how I got so lucky. I will question that until the day that I die. I'm blessed to have someone who loves and cares for me in ways that touch me so deeply. To love me in the way that he does despite being thousands of miles apart is incomprehensible to my little mind. He is the most thoughtful human being I have ever met. I'm the luckiest.


No comments:

Post a Comment