Tabs

 photo 225pxtab_zps3ab577af.png photo hometab_zpsc4ac9db1.png photo MMtab_zps84d1465f.png photo sisterselktab_zps4aeded4a.png photo ibelievetab_zps8c2c9788.png photo abouttab_zps2ebe1350.png photo 225pxtab_zps3ab577af.png

Saturday 18 October 2014

our first kiss went a little like this

Things moved fairly fast with Mason and I. It was only two short weeks after we had our first conversation that we were sitting on a hill, on a freezing November night, bundled up in blankets watching Fantastic Mr. Fox. My favourite. Was I expecting it? To be honest I wasn't sure what to expect. As the movie was ending Mason asked if I was cold. On a late November night as the weather was approaching -20 degrees celsius, of course I lied and said I was fine. I asked him the same question. Of course he lied and said only his nose was cold.
Ok, opinions: when someone says their nose is cold....does that not sound like some subtle hint?
What happened next still shocks me to this day.
I made the first move.
WHAT?!
This went against absolutely everything I believe in. My act of playing hard to get went down the toilet in a matter of seconds. I began to press my face up against his to "warm up his nose". I didn't know exactly what would come of it, but it didn't take long before our lips met. This is how Mason described it in a letter to me, " The feeling was incredible. The heat rushed between our lips. Not because it was cold outside but because it was special. The kiss was unbelievably in sync between the two of us."
I found out months later, that Mason's roommates had told him he shouldn't go that night. It was late and with church the next morning it probably wasn't the smartest decision, but he was determined to go. His roommate Sam asked him if he planned on kissing me that night. Mason said he was sure it wouldn't happen, but Sam still told him he had to text him if it was going to happen. Mason promised he would, and when Mason makes a promise....he doesn't break it. Ever. As soon as Mason realized what was happening that night he pulled out his phone and texted Sam. Without me even knowing it! Sneaky devil!
It was the agreement in Mason's dorm that if they ever kissed a girl they owed the dorm ice cream, so after our special moment I reminded Mason that because of me he owed his roommates some ice cream. We ended our night with a quick trip to the nearest 7/11. I never wanted that night to end, but things just got progressively better from there on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment