Tabs

 photo 225pxtab_zps3ab577af.png photo hometab_zpsc4ac9db1.png photo MMtab_zps84d1465f.png photo sisterselktab_zps4aeded4a.png photo ibelievetab_zps8c2c9788.png photo abouttab_zps2ebe1350.png photo 225pxtab_zps3ab577af.png

Tuesday 18 November 2014

18.

This was part of Mason's letter from last week:
"It is weird Michaela because here in the mission I know that a missionary in a leadership position does not mean they are better than other missionaries, and to be in that position does not mean your mission is better. But I have this awful mindset where I would love being in a leadership position, and for that reason I am actually trying super hard to work as hard as I can to achieve that...Even though I know that is not what it is about and in the end that is all done through revelation. And it doesn't matter what my abilities are because it is all done by the spirit..."


Normally I don't specifically address the things that Mason mentions in his letters when I write my weekly emails, but for some reason that section of his letter stood out to me and I ended up writing this in response:
"As you talked about wanting to be in a leadership position in the mission in the last letter I received, I was not surprised one bit. In fact, I could have guessed that without you even telling me. That just sounds like my boy. And you know what? It will happen. You know why? Because we are talking about Mason Bentley. The boy has gotten almost everything he has ever wanted in his life (except for a trampoline and puppy which I'm sure he will get in the future). And I can almost predict that it will happen sooner for you than for any other missionary. I joke about it happening because you are such a lucky individual, but what I truly believe is that it will happen because you are an AMAZING missionary. I'm so proud of you."


Well I guess I shouldn't have been too shocked when I received an email on Monday morning saying:
"Michaela!! My whole mission just got flipped upside down today!"
Of course I got it as soon as he sent it because Monday's consist of me watching my emails and refreshing them every 20 seconds. So I quickly wrote back to find out what he was talking about.
Sure enough....
"I am going straight to the offices!!  Michaela! I only have 4 months in the mission!  I am going to be the Financial Secretary for the mission in the offices in Montevideo!!!!  Ahhh!!!!!!!  Elder Degn tells me that this never happens this early!!! And!  Not only that, but my comp is going to be a Brasilian and I am going to be learning Portuguese!!!!!!!!!!"



Yup.
I predicted it first folks.
Elder Mason Bentley will not only be in a leadership position, but he will also be learning Portuguese.
What can I say?
He gets what he wants.
And I am so incredibly proud of my hard working missionary.






No comments:

Post a Comment