Tabs

 photo 225pxtab_zps3ab577af.png photo hometab_zpsc4ac9db1.png photo MMtab_zps84d1465f.png photo sisterselktab_zps4aeded4a.png photo ibelievetab_zps8c2c9788.png photo abouttab_zps2ebe1350.png photo 225pxtab_zps3ab577af.png

Friday 10 October 2014

small encounters

There are so many memories that I cherish with Mason. Although there are too many moments to write them all down in detail, I want to start writing down as many as possible. I have to make up for my bad habit of not writing in a journal, and this is the easiest way to do it. I don't plan to write these in any particular order or significance, just as they pop into my head. Ready.Set.Go.
Although I always pretended not to notice the attractive boy in my ward that all the girls seemed to be chasing from day one, I have to admit that I did get caught up in his perfect teeth, hair and eyes once or twice before actually meeting him. After dating Mason for a short period of time, he admitted to taking a special interest in me (without my knowledge) from the day he saw my name on the ward directory. I might have done the same.
1st encounter: It was break the fast on the first Sunday at BYU. It was outside of Carroll hall. Mason was sitting on the grass under a tree. He didn't seem super talkative, and seemed content with just eating his food. He wore a kitten shirt. I didn't talk to him nor did he talk to me. It was the first time I saw him.
2nd encounter: Obviously I was doing more than pretending not to notice him. I was definitely noticing him. Not only was I noticing him, I was hoping he would notice me. It was only a short day later that I saw him at an FHE activity. I may or may not have worn my Messi soccer jersey to that activity because I new he liked soccer (but he doesn't know that) #pathetic. But I later found out that he did notice. Winning. He was wearing his white sweat shirt that I have come to love and adore. Again, we didn't say a word to each other, but if I remember correctly we made eye contact in the ice cream line. That's progress right?
3rd encounter: 6 days later, second Sunday of the year (are you picking up on the pattern) Mason was asked to give a talk. I was sitting near the back on the right side. He got up and made a joke before beginning his talk. I thought he was starring directly at me, but I couldn't be sure. He later told me that he had intentionally looked to see if I'd laugh. It worked. I found myself becoming more and more interested—not that I would admit that.
4th encounter: it wasn't until we had an activities committee meeting that Mason finally said something to me. We didn't have long conversations, just an opinion here or a comment there. What made the biggest impression was the fact that he remembered my name at that first meeting even though we had never talked. Again, he made an impression on me and I found myself thinking about him more and more.
I will treasure these small encounters forever. They are simple, vague and incomplete in so many ways. We didn't know it at the time, but we both had the same goal in mind, and eventually these small encounters led to a special night in November where it truly all began.

No comments:

Post a Comment